I am adding text
A Research Paper On Tornado Jamie Daddo, 46, lives in Melbourne, where for over��twenty-five years he has participated in group and solo exhibitions. In 2002 he successfully completed a Masters Degree in fine Art. His work is primarily figure orientated, with an emphasis on delving into the human psyche.Never satisfied completely with what lies before him, there is always better to be achieved, for in this simple fact lies the reason for being.
With an on-going fascination with emotional states, he has experimented with text. This interest led to the completion of a professional writing Diploma which is used in his further emotional search through using poetry to convey deeper feelings in his art.
By examining the nuances between the disciplines of the literary and pictorial worlds that exist in Jub’s mind, he travels to lands that we all know or want to know.
‘My work gives me the opportunity to explore the world around and outside of myself. I am intrinsically an outward looking person who not only sees the physical, but also what lies underneath.
When I paint there is an intensity in my stare as I stand at the easel. My look penetrates my subject beyond their skin as though I am looking into the soul of the sitter…and that’s what I paint’
Management Dissertation Jamie Daddo 2013
Jamie is available for commisions, please CONTACT HIM with any enquiries.
College Essays Why This College Born 1967, Lives Melbourne
Esl Online Homework 2013- Solo Exhibition (Feb) @ WithoutPier Gallery- Cheltenham
- Airing of Matchbox Productions 30 min documentary ‘The Brain’ – Anatomy on ABC1 about Jamie and his art.(Screened Feb)
Do My Geometry Homework - Judge at KarniVart- Karingal Art Festival (Feb)- Geelong
How To Start A Dissertation Proposal - Villa-Maria- Art Charity Auction Dinner
- Motorworks Gallery-Melbourne Grammar - Obscura Group Postcard exhibition (Sept)
- Group Show @ Breslin Gallery- Carneige (Oct)
- Submission to Archibald Prize exhibition (Jan)
2012 – The Porch Furniture ‘Pink Chair-ity Auction’. Locations will include Monash Gallery of Art, Fracture Gallery at Fedkeration Square and Melbourne Central Shopping Centre.For the Australian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Judge and opening speaker at KarniVart- Karingal Art Festival- Geelong
- Solo Exhibition- Leap of Faith (March) @ Cyclone Gallery- South Melbourne
- Artist in Residence- St Pauls College- Kew
- Filming of ‘The Brain’ documentary begins at Jamie’s home for ABC 1 Anatomy -Series 4 Matchbox Productions
Private tuition, Rag Painting
Judge, Karingal Art Festival, Geelong
Co-Judge with Bill Shorten M.P., Westfield Shopping Centre Christmas Gift Card Competition.
2010-Solo exhibition- March @ Gallerysmith “Lessons in Diplomacy” North Melbourne
- March- KarnivArt- Geelong Judge and Opening Speaker
- April- Filmed video/interview for Wound Awareness Campaign www.elephantintheroom.com.au
- August-Guest Presenter for Percolate session on Resilience- Wyndham Cultural Centre, Werribee
- August- ISIS & ABI Awareness Week – Guest Speaker- Maribyrnong
- September- “‘Our Community, Our World” Group exhibition for Villa Maria- Manningham Gallery
- November- Good Weekend article by Carla Grossetti -2 of Us on Jamie & Andrew Daddo
2009 – Selection, top 50, Mount Eyre Vineyards Art Prize
KarnivArt Festival – judge and guest speaker, Geelong
Croydon Community Arts Centre- Rag Painting Workshops
New White Gallery, Selected Works
Bushfire Appeal, Donated work
2008 – This Is It, Solo Exhibition, Greenwood Gallery
Public Speaking – Resilience, Caulfield Grammar – Yrs 7-11
Rag Painting Workshops, Royal Talbot – Kew
Submission to Archibald and Sulman Prizes
2007- Assistance, Solo Exhibition, Greenwood Gallery
Ambassador for Kids Foundation
Creative Director – ParaQuad 2007 Annual Report
Submission to Archibald and Sulman Prizes
2006 – The Glass is half Full, Solo Exhibition, Yering Station- Yarra Glen, Victoria
2005 – Creativity In Grief – Behind the Masks, Group exhibition, NALAG
Australian Outsiders, Group Exhibition, Orange Regional Gallery & Hazelhurst Regional Art Galleries
2004 – I was like you, Solo Exhibition, Catherine Asquith Gallery , Melbourne
Master and Amuse – Port Phillip Council Project, South Melbourne Market
2003 – Self Disclosure, Solo Exhibition, Maruska Gallery Melbourne
2001 – Masters Degree in Fine Art, RMIT University
1998 – 2000 – Diploma in Professional Writing, RMIT University
1997 – Blank Spaces, Solo Exhibition of Paintings & Poetry, Artistcare Gallery, South Melbourne
1996 – Solo Exhibition, Motor Works , Melbourne
1994 – Victorian Aids Council charity benefit
1992 – Graduated Monash University – Fine Art Degree
Solo Exhibition, Zoo Nightclub
1990 – Solo Exhibition, Anthill Theatre/aDownload CV